Netflix.shop is an ecommerce destination that allows consumers to browse and purchase products relating to movies and series streamed on the Netflix service. As used in this Privacy document, “Shop” means the ecommerce destination located at netflix.shop [(together with any mobile versions, and any successor sites), regardless of how accessed], together with all features and functionalities, user interfaces, as well as all content and software associated with such.
The Shop is built on a Shopify platform, and is operated by two (2) merchants of record, depending on where you are as a customer:
- For US customers: The Shop is operated by Suresource LLC, operating as Blue Acorn, on behalf of Netflix, Inc. and/or its affiliated entities (“Netflix Entities”). Blue Acorn is the merchant of record for this Shop for US transactions.
(Blue Acorn and Global-e collectively, “Shop Administrators”).
This Privacy document (“Statement”) explains how we might use, collect and store your information as you engage with the Shop. Please also refer to the Terms & Conditions for more details on terms and conditions governing your visits to the Shop, as well as purchases made there.
As used in this Statement, “Shop” means the ecommerce destination located at netflix.shop (together with any mobile versions, and any successor sites), regardless of how accessed, together with all features and functionalities, user interfaces, as well as all content, services and software associated with such.
You must be at least 18 years of age to interact with the Shop, its contents, and its services. You are not required to be a subscriber of Netflix services to interact with the Shop.
For questions about our privacy practices, this Shop, or this Statement, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject PRIVACY REQUEST. Please include the name of the Shop if you contact us.
To see our California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Privacy Notice, please scroll down.
1. Collection and Use of Information.
- In order to provide you with the Shop, we and/or our Shop Partners (as defined in Section 2 below) may collect certain information and/or content from you, including the following:
- Identifiers (such as name, e-mail address, postal address, postal code, telephone number, IP address, payment information, identifiers from the devices you use to connect, characteristics about the networks you use when you connect to the Shop)
- Commercial information (such as products or services considered, obtained or purchased, as well as payment information; this may include things like size or style choices, as well as overall shopping or purchase habits)
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as your interactions with the Shop)
Geolocation data (such as IP address or GPS coordinates)
- This information will also be used to communicate with you about and to process and complete your purchases, returns, and inquiries. We and our Shop Providers will use the information and content you provide to administer the Shop, including to personalize our goods and services to you, market to you, analyze other data we collect, identify other potential customers (e.g. determine how many customers are a certain size), and develop new goods and services. This information may also be used to allow you to participate in polls, sweepstakes, promotions, and contests and to administer these activities. This information may be used to establish your account with the Shop.
- We may also use Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate for certain essential purposes, including: to comply with applicable law and legal process; to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; to detect, prevent, or investigate potential security incidents or fraud; to facilitate the functionality of our mobile applications and websites; to provide important product safety information and notice of product recalls; to enforce our terms and conditions; to protect our operations or those of our affiliates; to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, security and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- You may wish to sign up to receive the Shop email newsletter, or product shipping/tracking updates via SMS. You can unsubscribe from such communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the footer, or by following such other instructions as may be provided to unsubscribe.
- When you interact with us, certain information might be collected automatically. Examples of information include: the type of computer operating system, device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), referral URLs, IP address (which may tell us your general location), statistics on page views or interactions with activities, and browser and standard web server log information. This information is collected using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, and web beacons. We use this information for the support of internal operations, such as to conduct research and analysis to address the performance of the Shop, and to generate aggregated or de-identified reporting for our use.
For more information about cookies set through our website, as well as other types of online tracking (including the collection of information by third parties about your online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services for online interest based advertising), and to exercise choices regarding them, [click here]. At this time, we do not respond to web browser "do not track" signals.
- Facebook & Instagram. If you interact with the Shop on the Facebook platform, the Shop might collect your public Facebook/Instagram profile information, which includes your first and last name and your profile picture. The Shop might also collect other information from the Facebook platform; if so you will be prompted about what specific information will be collected when you connect to the Shop for the first time.
- We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. We may retain information as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations, including to fulfill the purposes described in this Statement.
2. Disclosure of Information.
- We may disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- The Netflix Entities, and their family of companies: We might share your information among the Netflix family of companies (http://netflix.com/corporateinfo) as needed for the purposes described in the Collection and Use of Information Section of this document.
- We might use other companies, agents or contractors (“Shop Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to help us to provide this Shop to you. For example, we may use Shop Providers to provide infrastructure and IT services (like hosting the Shop). We do not authorize Shop Providers to use information except in connection with providing their services, subject to the following safety issues. We and our Shop Providers may disclose and otherwise use information where we or they reasonably believe such disclosure is needed to (A) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, (B) enforce this Statement, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (C) detect, prevent, or otherwise address illegal or suspected illegal activities, security or technical issues, or (D) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Netflix Entities, our content partners, users or the public, as required or permitted by law.
- If, in the course of sharing information, we transfer personal information to countries outside your region, we will take steps to ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Statement and in accordance with the applicable laws on data protection.
3. International Data Transfers
- Whenever in the course of sharing information we transfer personal information to countries outside of the EEA and other regions with comprehensive data protection laws, we will ensure that the personal information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection. We ensure that appropriate contractual, technical, and organizational measures are in place.
4. Your Information and Rights.
- You can request access to your personal information or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- To make requests, or if you have any other question regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com with the subject PRIVACY REQUEST. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
- By using, visiting, browsing the Shop, or purchasing products from the Shop, you accept and agree to this Statement. If you do not accept this Statement and/or any updates to this Statement, please do not use this Shop. For clarity, residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and the UK are deemed to have acknowledged (rather than agreed to) the Privacy Statement.
5. California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice applies to California consumers and supplements the Statement.
- Personal Information We Collect. We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“CCPA personal information”). We have collected categories of CCPA personal information noted in the Collection and Use of Information section of this Statement within the last twelve (12) months.
- Use of CCPA personal information. We use categories of CCPA personal information listed above for the purposes noted in the Collection and Use of Information section of this Statement.
- Categories of CCPA personal information disclosed for a business purpose. We disclose the categories of CCPA personal information noted in the Collection and Use of Information section of this Statement for business purposes. Specifically, we disclose these categories of information for business purposes to the following categories of third parties: Shop Providers, the Netflix family of companies, an entity engaged in a business transfer, law enforcement, courts, governments and regulatory agencies.
- Sources of CCPA personal information. We explain our sources of information in the Collection of and Use Information section of our Statement. (Please see that section for more information that may be of interest to you.)
- Your rights under the CCPA.
- You have the right to request that we disclose: what categories and specific pieces of CCPA personal information have been collected about you; the categories of sources from which CCPA personal information are collected; our business or commercial purpose for collecting, using, or disclosing CCPA personal information; the categories of third parties with whom we share CCPA personal information; the categories of CCPA personal information we have disclosed about you for a business purpose. We do not sell personal information.
- You have a right to receive a copy of the specific CCPA personal information we have collected about you.
- You have a right to deletion of your CCPA personal information, subject to exceptions under the CCPA.
- You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising any of your CCPA rights. We will not discriminate against you based on your exercise of any of your CCPA rights.
- You can assert these rights only where we receive a verified request from you. For information on how to exercise your rights, please see the Your Information and Rights section of this Statement.
- If you are a consumer under the CCPA and wish to contact us through an authorized agent, the authorized agent can submit a request on your behalf at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a statement signed by you certifying that the agent is authorized to act on your behalf. In order to verify the request and your identity, we may ask you to verify your identity. Because we only collect limited information about individuals, we may be unable to verify requests to the standard required by the CCPA.
Rakuten Advertising may collect personal information when you interact with our digital property, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes. For more information about the collection, use and sale of your personal data and your rights, please use the below links.
Last Updated: September 28, 2022