Last Updated: March 2023
Netflix.shop is an ecommerce destination that allows consumers to browse and purchase products relating to movies and series streamed on the Netflix service. As used in this Privacy document, “Shop” means the ecommerce destination located at netflix.shop [(together with any mobile versions, and any successor sites), regardless of how accessed], together with all features and functionalities, user interfaces, as well as all content and software associated with such.
The Shop is built on a Shopify platform, and is operated by two (2) merchants of record, depending on where you are as a customer:
- For US customers: The Shop is operated by Suresource LLC, operating as Blue Acorn, on behalf of Netflix, Inc. and/or its affiliated entities (“Netflix Entities”). Blue Acorn is the merchant of record for this Shop for US transactions.
(Blue Acorn and Global-e collectively, “Shop Administrators”).
This Privacy document (“Statement”) explains how we might use, collect and store your information as you engage with the Shop. Please also refer to the Terms of Service for more details on terms and conditions governing your visits to the Shop, as well as purchases made there.
As used in this Statement, “Shop” means the ecommerce destination located at netflix.shop (together with any mobile versions, and any successor sites), regardless of how accessed, together with all features and functionalities, user interfaces, as well as all content, services and software associated with such.
You must be at least 18 years of age to interact with the Shop, its contents, and its services. You are not required to be a subscriber of Netflix services to interact with the Shop.
For questions about our privacy practices, this Shop, or this Statement, please contact us by email at email@example.com with the subject PRIVACY REQUEST. Please include the name of the Shop if you contact us.
To see our California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Privacy Notice, please scroll down.
- Collection and Use of Information.
- In order to provide you with the Shop, we and/or our Shop Partners (as defined in Section 2 below) may collect certain information and/or content from you, including the following:
- Identifiers (such as name, e-mail address, postal address, postal code, telephone number, IP address, payment information, identifiers from the devices you use to connect, characteristics about the networks you use when you connect to the Shop)
- Commercial information (such as products or services considered, obtained or purchased, as well as payment information; this may include things like size or style choices, as well as overall shopping or purchase habits)
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as your interactions with the Shop)
- Geolocation data (such as IP address or GPS coordinates)
- This information will also be used to communicate with you about and to process and complete your purchases, returns, and inquiries. We and our Shop Providers will use the information and content you provide to administer the Shop, including to personalize our goods and services to you, market to you, analyze other data we collect, identify other potential customers (e.g. determine how many customers are a certain size), and develop new goods and services. This information may also be used to allow you to participate in polls, sweepstakes, promotions, and contests and to administer these activities. This information may be used to establish your account with the Shop.
- We may also use Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate for certain essential purposes, including: to comply with applicable law and legal process; to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; to detect, prevent, or investigate potential security incidents or fraud; to facilitate the functionality of our mobile applications and websites; to provide important product safety information and notice of product recalls; to enforce our terms and conditions; to protect our operations or those of our affiliates; to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, security and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- You may wish to sign up to receive the Shop email newsletter, or product shipping/tracking updates via SMS. You can unsubscribe from such communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the footer, or by following such other instructions as may be provided to unsubscribe.
- Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. Like cookies, these other technologies may store small amounts of data on your device. Web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags) often work in conjunction with cookies.
- You can modify your browser settings to control whether your computer or other device accepts or declines cookies. If you choose to decline cookies you may not be able to use certain features of the Shop, or certain Shop functionality. You can delete cookies from your browser; however, that means that any settings or preferences managed by those cookies will also be deleted and you may need to recreate them. Depending on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through settings. The emails we send might include a web beacon or similar technology that lets us know if you received or opened the email and whether you clicked on any of the links in the email.
- For more information about cookies set through our website, as well as other types of online tracking (including the collection of information by third parties about your online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services for online interest based advertising), and to exercise choices regarding them, click here. At this time, we do not respond to web browser "do not track" signals.
- Social Partners. If you interact with the Shop on social media platforms (e.g., Meta platforms like Facebook or Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Pinterest, Snap), the Shop might collect your public profile information, which includes your username, as well as first and last name. The Shop might also collect other information from the Facebook platform specifically: if so you will be prompted about what specific information will be collected when you connect to the Shop for the first time.
- Commerce Partners. From time to time, the Shop may partner with third parties to create a more robust shopping experience for consumers. These include affiliate partners like Rakuten, “buy now, pay later” partners like Klarna, and marketplace partners like Carro. If you interact with functions or features managed or operated by these commerce partners, the Shop may share limited information with such Commerce Partners to allow them to provide their service(s) (e.g., if you opt to use our affiliate partner Rakuten for cash back services), and for the purpose of fulfilling orders you may have placed.
- We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. We may retain information as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations, including to fulfill the purposes described in this Statement.
- Disclosure of Information.
- We may disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- The Netflix Entities, and their family of companies: We might share your information among the Netflix family of companies (http://netflix.com/corporateinfo) as needed for the purposes described in the Collection and Use of Information Section of this document.
- We might use other companies, agents, third party product partners (i.e., Marketplace partners) or contractors (“Shop Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to help us to provide this Shop to you. For example, we may use Shop Providers to provide infrastructure and IT services (like hosting the Shop), or to facilitate commercial transactions (e.g., Klarna for “buy now, pay later” functionality). We do not authorize Shop Providers to use information except in connection with providing their services, subject to the following safety issues. We and our Shop Providers may disclose and otherwise use information where we or they reasonably believe such disclosure is needed to (A) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, (B) enforce this Statement, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (C) detect, prevent, or otherwise address illegal or suspected illegal activities, security or technical issues, or (D) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Netflix Entities, our content partners, users or the public, as required or permitted by law.
- If, in the course of sharing information, we transfer personal information to countries outside your region, we will take steps to ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Statement and in accordance with the applicable laws on data protection.
- International Data Transfers
- Whenever in the course of sharing information we transfer personal information to countries outside of the EEA and other regions with comprehensive data protection laws, we will ensure that the personal information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection. We ensure that appropriate contractual, technical, and organizational measures are in place.
- Your Information and Rights.
- You can request access to your personal information or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- To make requests, or if you have any other question regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject PRIVACY REQUEST. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
- By using, visiting, browsing the Shop, or purchasing products from the Shop, you accept and agree to this Statement. If you do not accept this Statement and/or any updates to this Statement, please do not use this Shop. For clarity, residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and the UK are deemed to have acknowledged (rather than agreed to) the Privacy Statement.
- US State (including California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)) Privacy Notice.
- This Privacy Notice applies to consumers who reside in states that have adopted consumer privacy laws and supplements this Statement, to the extent applicable. Because of differences in certain state laws, this supplement is broken into two sections, California (CCPA) Specific Notices, applicable to California residents only, and a California (CCPA) and other State Specific Sections, that may apply to residents of one or more states with consumer privacy laws requiring such information. Such states as of the date of this Privacy Notice are California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia (collectively “US State Privacy Laws”).
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Specific Privacy Notice: Personal Information We Collect. We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“CCPA personal information”). We have collected categories of CCPA personal information noted in the Collection and Use of Information section of this Statement within the last twelve (12) months.
- Use of CCPA personal information. We use categories of CCPA personal information listed above for the purposes noted in the Collection and Use of Information section of this Statement.
- Categories of CCPA personal information disclosed for a business purpose. We disclose the categories of CCPA personal information noted in the Collection and Use of Information section of this Statement for business purposes. Specifically, we disclose these categories of information for business purposes to the following categories of third parties: Shop Providers, the Netflix family of companies, an entity engaged in a business transfer, law enforcement, courts, governments and regulatory agencies.
- Sensitive CCPA personal information. CCPA personal information may include information that may be considered Sensitive Personal Information as defined by the CCPA. We do not use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information for any purpose inconsistent with section 7027 (l) of the CCPA Regulations.
- CCPA Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. We may engage in certain marketing activities that may be considered “selling” or “sharing” for purposes of CCPA. If you do not wish for us to sell or share your CCPA personal information, you can learn how to make applicable choices by clicking the Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link located here. We do not knowingly sell, share or use the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
- Sources of CCPA personal information. We explain our sources of information in the Collection of and Use Information section of our Statement. (Please see that section for more information that may be of interest to you.)
- State Specific Sections: Sale and Use of Personal Information for Targeted Advertising Purposes. We may engage in certain marketing activities that may be considered “selling”, or “targeted advertising” under US State Privacy Laws. Our practices regarding sale or targeted advertising may depend on how you interact with us, the services you use and the choices you make. If you do not wish for us to sell or use your personal information for targeted advertising purposes, you can learn how to make applicable choices by clicking the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link located here.
- Use of De-Identified Information. We may de-identify personal information in a secure manner when we determine it is appropriate as part of our business operations. We take reasonable measures to maintain and use the information in a de-identified manner. We do not make any attempts to re-identify such information, except as permitted under applicable law.
- Your rights under Applicable US State Privacy Laws. To the extent applicable under US State Privacy Laws, you may have the following rights in connection with your personal information:
- In California, you have the right to request that we disclose: what categories and specific pieces of CCPA personal information have been collected about you; the categories of sources from which CCPA personal information are collected; our business or commercial purpose for collecting, using, disclosing, selling or sharing personal information; the categories of third parties with whom we disclose, sell or share personal information; the categories of personal information we have disclosed, sold or shared about you for a business purpose.
- You have a right to confirm whether or not we process your personal information as well as to access and receive a copy of the specific personal information we have collected about you.
- You have a right to deletion of your personal information, subject to exceptions under applicable US State Privacy Laws.
- You have a right to request correction of any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- You have a right to opt-out of our sale or our use of personal information for targeted advertising purposes. You can learn more by clicking the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link located here.
- Finally, you have a right to receive notice of our practices at or before collection of personal information and you have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising any of your rights described under this section. We will not discriminate against you based on your exercise of any of your rights.
- You can assert these rights only where we receive a verified request from you. You can assert these rights only where we receive a verified request from you. To make requests, or if you have a question regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com with the subject PRIVACY REQUEST.
- If you are a consumer in a jurisdiction that recognizes the ability to use an authorized agent and wish to contact us through an authorized agent, the authorized agent can submit a request on your behalf at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a statement signed by you certifying that the agent is authorized to act on your behalf. In order to verify the request and your identity, we may ask you to verify your identity.
- If you are in a jurisdiction that recognizes your ability to appeal a decision we have made in connection with your attempt to assert a right under applicable US State Privacy Laws, you may file an appeal of our decision refusing your request to exercise your rights under this Privacy Notice. Requests to change our policies or practices are not grounds for appeal. You may request an appeal of such decision by contacting us at email@example.com, please provide the state that you are writing from, accompanied with documentation you may have regarding the matter you are appealing. If your jurisdiction allows you to file a complaint with the state’s Attorney General’s Office regarding any concerns with the result of your appeal request, you may do so by using the following links as may be applicable to you. You may submit a complaint to the Attorney General’s Office by selecting the appropriate link: Virginia (www.oag.state.va.us/consumer-protection/index.php/file-a-complaint), Colorado (coag.gov/file-complaint), and Connecticut (portal.ct.gov/AG/Common/Complaint-Form-Landing-page).
- Rakuten: Rakuten Advertising may collect personal information when you interact with our digital property, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes. For more information about the collection, use and sale of your personal data and your rights, please use the below links.